Download: 11. PKO Poznań Half Marathon Regulations (PDF)
11. PKO Poznań Half Marathon Regulations
1. Poznań Half Marathon’s aim is popularization of running as the simplest recreational activity.
2. Promotion of the City of Poznań in Poland and abroad.
1. The City of Poznań, Poznań Sports and Recreation Centres, 34 Spychalskiego, 61-553 Poznań, phone: +48 61 835 79 00.
2. The patronage of this event is held by Jacek Jaśkowiak, the Mayor of the City of Poznań.
III. Half Marathon Office
1. The Half Marathon Office is located in Poznań Sports and Recreation Centres, Head Office, 34 Spychalskiego, 61-553 Poznań, rooms: 201, 203, 204. It is open Monday to Friday 08.00-16.00, phone: (+48) 61 835 79 17, e-mail: email@example.com
2. On 13 – 14 April 2018 the Half Marathon Office is located in Poznań International Fair, 14 Głogowska, 60-734 Poznań.
3. On 15 April 2018 the Half Marathon Office is closed.
IV. Date and venue
1. The Half Marathon is held on 15 April 2018 in Poznań.
2. Start is located nearby Poznań International Fair.
3. The race starts at 10.00 a.m.
4. Finish is located at Poznań International Fair.
5. Date, venue and route of the Half Marathon may change, also Half Marathon may be cancelled in case of unforeseen circumstances on the day of publication of these Regulations or due to force majeure.
1. The route covers 1 loop.
2. The route length is 21,097 km.
3. The route has got AIMS, IAAF and PZLA certificates.
4. Each kilometre of the route is marked by vertical and horizontal signs.
5. The route is closed for car traffic until 13.30.
VI. Start zones
1. Contestants line up at the start in separated and designated start zones.
2. Start zones are assigned to the contestants based on finish times declared by them during registration.
3. Different colour stripes on contestants’ bib numbers indicate start zones to which the runners are assigned to:
zone AA – yellow stripe – the elite of the race
zone A – red stripe – time below 1:30
zone B – green stripe – time between 1:30 – 1:39
zone C – blue stripe – time between 1:40 – 1:49
zone D – violet stripe – time between 1:50 – 1:59
zone E – brown stripe – time between 2:00 – 2:14
zone F – orange stripe – time between 2:15 – 3:00
4. Runners may change their start zone they had chosen during registration for a different one by
4 April 2018 on their internet account.
VII. Time limit
1. Time limit for the race completion is 3 hours.
2. Runners who do not finish the Half Marathon until 13.30 are obliged to discontinue running and reach the finish line by bus marked “Half Marathon Finish”.
3. Participants remaining on the route of run after a certain time limit do so at their own risk and responsibility. In this case, traffic regulations and the Civil Code are applicable.
VIII. Time measurement
1. The official time in general and age classification is net time – counted from the moment the runner crosses the start line. The exception from this rule is the first 100 runners crossing the finish line.
2. The official time for the first 100 runners crossing the finish line is gross time – counted from the starter’s shot. If there is no 8 men and 8 women in the first 100 finishing runners, the number of runners whose official time is net time goes bigger until such amount is reached.
3. Official results present gross and net times.
4. Time is measured by a chip attached to a running shoe.
5. The price of time measurement is included in registration fee.
6. Time control points are located along the route at: start, 5 km, 10 km, 15 km, 20 km, finish. Lack of reading from the chip at any of the checkpoints may result in disqualification.
7. Personnel at the control points notes down the runners who try to take a short cut along the route. Runners taking the short cut or going the wrong route are disqualified.
8. The chips are returnable.
IX. Nutrition points
1. Nutrition points are located every 5 km or so.
2. Products on tables at the nutrition points are arranged as follows:
water for sponges
1. Only runners who are at least 18 years old on 15 April 2018 may participate in the 11. PKO Poznań Half Marathon.
2. Only runners take part in the 11. PKO Poznań Half Marathon. For reasons of security, the organizer doesn’t allow people on wheelchairs, rollers, roller skates, skateboards, bicycles and other mechanical devices to participate in the race without a permit issued by the Organizer. Due to the character of the Half Marathon it is forbidden to start with sticks (trekking and Nordic Walking).
3. Runners taking part in the 11. PKO Poznań Half Marathon are verified in the Half Marathon Office when receiving starter packs on 13-14 April 2018.
4. Organizer doesn’t allow to run the Half Marathon with a bib number assigned to another person. The runner who takes part in the race with the bib number assigned to a different person is disqualified.
5. By registering for the Half Marathon, contestant agrees with the Official 11. PKO Half Marathon Regulations and commits to them.
6. Bib numbers and chips must be attached to runners at all times throughout the race.
7. Bib numbers must be attached at the front to shirts on the chest or at the front on the waist with bib numbers fastened on the hips. Under the penalty of disqualification, it is unacceptable to cover the bib number in part or in whole, modify it and place the bib number on the back. Competitors running without the starting numbers visible in front of them may face disqualification. Bib numbers must be attached to runners t-shirts on chests.
8. The chip must be attached to the runner’s left or right leg at the ankle height (shoelace). Placing chips in another place results in disqualification.
9. The participants of the Half Marathon are obligated to the PZLA regulations („Athletics Regulations” Polish edition based on the IAAF), IAAF (https://www.iaaf.org/about-iaaf/documents), AIMS guidelines and these regulations.
XI. Contestants verification and start packages issuing
1. Verification of competitors and collecting of starter packages (including bib numbers, gifts and informational Half Marathon materials) will take place in the Half Marathon Office on the basis of an identity document or a start card. The organizer doesn’t send starter packages by post or courier.
2. The starter card will be available from April 5, 2018 from 11.00 on the runner’s individual profile (access www.halfmarathon.poznan.pl – tab „Login.” If someone can’t personally pick up the starter package, he must give a starting card or ID card (can be photocopy or scan) to the person who will collect the package for him.
3. The Half Marathon Office is located at Poznań International Fair, 14 Głogowska Street, on the following days:
13 April 2018 (Friday) 1000 – 2000
14 April 2018 (Saturday) 1000 – 2000
4. On a day of the Half Marathon (15 April 2018) the Half Marathon Office is closed and start package collecting impossible.
5. The start package contain:
an envelope with a bib number, chip for time measuring, stick with a number to a deposit bag, a voucher for a pasta party, 4 safety pins
sack (sailing type), a deposit bag, a t-shirt, advertising materials of the sponsor of PKO Bank Polski.
1. General – women and men.
2. Age classification – women and men: 18-29, 30-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55–59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75 and older.
3. Best citizen of Poznań – woman and man.
4. Oldest contestant of the marathon – woman and man.
XIII. Registration & Fees
1. Deadline for online registration is 12 April 2018 or when the paid applications limit is reached. On days 13 and 14 April registration and fees will be accepted only in Half Marathon Office during its working hours (10:00 – 20:00, Poznań International Fair, Hall no. 3) After 14 April 2018 registration won’t be accepted.
2. The limit of paid applications is 14 000 runners.
3. Applications shall be issued via website www.halfmarathon.poznan.pl or personally in the Half Marathon Office.
4. Applicants are registered for the race when the Organizer gets correctly filled application form and registration fee into his bank account.
5. Registration fee is:
application till 28 February 2018 – 90 PLN
application between 1 – 31 March 2018 – 110 PLN
application between 1 – 12 April 2018 – 130 PLN
application on days 13 and 14 April 2018 – 150 PLN
6. Runners who buy a start package for the 11. PKO Poznań Half Marathon get 20% off the start package fee for the 19. PKO Poznań Marathon held on 14 October 2018. The condition to collect the above-mentioned discount is to create an account for the 11. PKO Poznań Half Marathon and 19. PKO Poznań Marathon.
7. Participants must pay registration fee within 7 days since registration. If the payment is not made within this time, the runner’s account becomes inactive. The runner may reactivate his account online unless the registration limit is already reached. To reactivate the account, the runner should go to section „payment” in his online account and pay the fee.
8. Deadline for registration fee payment (unless the limit of paid registrations is reached) is 12 April 2018.
9. The following contestants have a right to participate in the Half Marathon for free (under the condition they register by 14 April 2018):
a) contestants who were on the I, II and III place in age classifications in the 10. PKO Poznań Half Marathon; it is possible to transfer the right to participate in the Half Marathon free of charge to another person,
b) contestants who completed all 10 editions of the Half Marathon in Poznań,
c) contestants taking part in the Half Marathon based on another agreements between Poznań Sports and Recreation Centres and their partners,
d) contestants who get permission to run free of charge from the Director of Poznań Sports and Recreation Centres (individual cases) upon written request,
e) winners of the competitions organized by the Organizer,
g) contestants with contracts,
h) guests of honour invited by Organizer.
10. Runners who have „Poznań PRO Rodzina – Karta Rodziny Dużej” (Big Family Card) get 25% discount on application fee. Big Family cards from other cities don’t entitle to 25% discount.
11. Application fees are non-refundable and cannot be transferred to any other event made by the Organizer.
12. Contestant may transfer his bib number to other runner, who doesn’t have a bib number, by 4 April 2018. In order to do so, he must fill a proper form in his online account on the Half Marathon website. Organizer doesn’t take any responsibility for any wrong information included in the form made by the contestant transferring his bib number.
1. Best women and men (I – III place) in general classification get cups.
2. Best women and men in age classifications for the I, II and III place (classified based on their net times) are exempted from paying the registration fee for the 12. Poznań Half Marathon in 2019 with possibility to transfer their start package to someone else.
3. Best citizens of Poznań (woman and man) for the I place get cups.
4. Best oldest contestants (woman and man) for the I place get cups.
5. 5. Cash prizes in general runners classification – women and men:
I place – 8000 PLN
II place – 6000 PLN
III place – 4000 PLN
IV place – 3000 PLN
V place – 2000 PLN
VI place – 1000 PLN
6. Bonus for breaking the time record of the Poznań Half Marathon for the first woman (time below 01:09:53) and for the first man (time below 01:02:00) is 10 000 PLN.
7. Prizes in general classification – women and men (I – III place) are granted to runners based on their order of crossing the finish line.
8. All runners who complete the marathon within 3 hours time are granted medals.
9. The winners of money prizes must pay the tax in accordance with the tax law.
10. Money prizes are granted only into participants’ bank accounts via bank transfer after receiving anti doping test results. Money prizes cannot be paid in cash.
11. In order to receive cash prize into bank account, runners must fill in necessary forms required by the Tax Office and send them to the Organizer’s address within 30 days from the event’s finish date. Download the form.
12. All runners who complete the 11. PKO Poznań Half Marathon may participate in the drawing and win:
– one out of 11 cash prizes, 1000 PLN each,
– set of 4 Bridgestone tires,
– weekend stay for 2 people at the Sheraton Prague Charles Square Hotel
– press accreditation for the home match of the Lech Poznań football club
– t-shirt with the autographs of Lech Poznań players
– football with the autographs of Lech Poznań players.
The drawing takes place on 26 March after the run on stage in the finish area. To participate in the drawing, the contestant must put a coupon into the ballot box located nearby the Half Marathon Office (on 13-14 April during the Half Marathon Office opening hours). The coupon is attached to the bib number and can be found in the envelope, in the start package. Presence of the contestant at the prize drawing is not obligatory.
XV. Antidoping Control
1. Winners of I, II, III, IV place in general classification (women and men) must face anti-doping control (including EPO).
2. Upon finding substances prohibited according to WADA list in sample „A”, a runner is informed of possibility to test sample „B“ on his own cost. The positive result of sample “B” test automatically disqualifies the runner from the race.
3. The organizer doesn’tt conduct appeal, explanatory or disciplinary proceedings based on the guidelines of the World Anti-Doping Agency, Polish anti-doping rules, IAAF and PZLA regulations.
1. Unofficial results are posted on the website www.halfmarathon.poznan.pl right after the Half Marathon.
2. Official results are posted on the website www.halfmarathon.poznan.pl after receiving anti doping test results.
1. On 14 April 2018 there is Pasta Party held between 12.00-20.00 at the Poznań International Fair, Hall no. 3.
2. For participants of the Half Marathon Pasta Party is free. The basis for the delivery of a portion of the pasta will be a voucher that is an integral part of the runner’s bib number. It should be detached and handed over at the point where the meal is served.
3. After the race runners are given:
in the finish zone – fruit, sugar, chocolate and drinks
outside the finish zone – hot meal.
1. Cloakrooms are located near the finish line at Poznań International Fair (Hall no. 3A).
2. Runners leave their possessions packed in bags marked with their bib numbers between 8.15 – 9.30.
3. Collecting bags is possible upon presenting bib numbers.
4. Losing a bib number by a participant absolves the Organizer from the responsibility of collecting the bag by any other person.
5. The Organizer doesn’t take any responsibility for possessions left outside the cloakroom.
1. The Organizer provides free accommodation on 14/15 April 2018 for the first 600 runners of Half Marathon, who mark a reservation box in their application forms.
2. The runners are accommodated in sports halls at 34 Spychalskiego in Poznań.
3. The organizer doesn’tt provide mattresses nor sleeping bags.
4. Runners are checked in at the sport halls on 14.04.2018 upon presenting their bib numbers.
1. The administrator of personal data within the meaning of the Act on the Protection of Personal Data, and from 25 May in accordance with the Regulation of the European Parliament and the Council of Europe (EU) 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and the repeal of Directive 95/46 / EC (general regulation on data protection) are Poznań Sports and Recreation Centers, ul. Spychalskigo 34, 61-553 Poznań (hereinafter referred to as the „Administrator”).
2. The transfer of personal data by a runner to the Organizer is voluntary, however, it is a condition of participation in the Half Marathon. Data processing is carried out in accordance with the provisions of the Act of August 29, 1997 on the Protection of Personal Data, and from May 25, pursuant to the Regulation of the European Parliament and the Council of Europe (EU) 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals in regarding the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and the repeal of Directive 95/46 / EC (General Data Protection Regulation).
3. The condition for participation in the Half Marathon is the consent to the runner’s personal data processing, including making them available by the Poznań Sports and Recreation Center, for posting the results of the run and for free publication of the image recorded in television, internet, radio, newspapers, magazines and placing the image in promotional and advertising materials issued by POSiR. In addition, the condition for participation is to consent to the collection of runner’s data for administrative and analytical needs and to use the image of a runner recorded in the form of a photograph or video record for free.
4. The Administrator may provide or share personal data only to those entities or persons (eg volunteers issuing packages) that perform activities related to the organization and course of the Half Marathon at the Organizer’s request only to the extent necessary to organize the Half Marathon.
5. The Administrator takes care of the security of personal data provided by competitors in accordance with the provisions of the Act on Personal Data Protection, and from May 25, pursuant to the Regulation of the European Parliament and the Council of Europe (EU) 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals in connection with the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and the repeal of Directive 95/46 / EC (general regulation on data protection). These data are particularly protected and protected against access by unauthorized persons. The Administrator provides runners with the exercise of rights under the Personal Data Protection Act, and from May 25 according to the Regulation of the European Parliament and the Council of Europe (EU) 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and the repeal of Directive 95/46 / EC (general regulation on data protection).
6. The Administrator processes personal data of the competitors for the purposes of sending competitors information via e-mail and SMS information about the event and other Organizer events (Poznań Marathon, Poznań Half Marathon) only with the runner’s consent (consent is given by marking the appropriate fields during registration).
7. The administrator ensures that data related to the payment process, i.e. credit card numbers and data and access codes to online bank accounts, are not saved by the Administrator. To protect confidential data, transactions made through an external online payment system are encrypted.
XXI. Final terms
1. The Organizer provides medical healthcare along the route, at the start and finish.
2. Each runner is insured against accidents during the race.
3. To take part in the Half Marathon, runners declare during registration that they take part in the event on their own responsibility and thus bear all risks connected with participation in the event as well as are aware that taking part in Half Marathon is connected with physical effort and involves natural risks and accident threats, health hazards such as lesions and physical injuries (including death) as well as material damage or loss. Completing the registration form and making the entry fee means that the competitor assessed the nature, scope and degree of risk related to the participation in the Half Marathon and voluntarily decided to take this risk by taking part in the competition at his own risk. The organizer recommends, prior to the start of preparations for the Half Marathon and during the course of the relevant medical examinations or medical consultations, depending on the age and physical condition of the runner.
4. All runners get free massage and shower after the race.
5. It is forbidden to bring on the route of the Half Marathon items that may be dangerous to other competitors. In the place of the Half Marathon it is forbidden to bring intoxicants, doping substances, illegal substances and alcoholic beverages.
6. All complaints, comments and requests regarding matters related to participation in Half Marathon and protests regarding the results of the Half Marathon can be submitted in particular by e-mail to the Organizer’s address (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by registered letter to Organizer’s address (POSiR, ul. Spychalskiego 34, 61-553 Poznań), with the note „Prostest” within 3 days after the race.
7. The Organizer has the right to introduce additional classification and prizes.
Poznań Sport and Recreation Centres Director Poznań, December 2017r.