- Poznań Half Marathon’s aim is popularisation of running as the simplest recreational activity.
- Promotion of the City of Poznań in Poland and abroad.
The City of Poznań, Poznań Sports and Recreation Centres, 34 Chwiałkowskiego, 61-553 Poznań,
phone: +48 61 835 79 00
- The patronage of this event is held by Jacek Jaśkowiak, the Mayor of the City of Poznań.
III. HALF MARATHON OFFICE
The Half Marathon Office is located in Poznań Sports and Recreation Centres, Head Office, 34 Chwiałkowskiego, 61-553 Poznań, rooms: 201, 203, 204. It is open Monday to Friday 08.00-16.00, phone: (+48) 61 835 79 17, e-mail: email@example.com.
- On 24-25 March 2017 the Half Marathon Office is located in Poznań International Fair, 14 Głogowska, 60-734 Poznań.
- On 26 March 2017 the Half Marathon Office is closed.
IV. DATE AND VENUE
- The Half Marathon is held on 26 March 2017 in Poznań.
- Start is located nearby Poznań International Fair.
- The race starts at 9.00.
- Finish is located at Poznań International Fair.
- The route covers 1 loop.
- The route length is 21,097 km.
- The route has got AIMS and IAAF certificates.
- Each kilometre of the route is marked.
- The route is closed for car traffic until 1230.
VI. START ZONES
- Contestants line up at the start in designated start zones.
- Start zones are assigned to the contestants based on finish times declared by them during registration.
- Different colour stripes on contestants’ bib numbers indicate start zones to which the runners are assigned to:
- Zone AA– yellow stripe – bib numbers 1-50
- Zone A– red stripe – bib numbers 51-100 and time below 1:30
- Zone B– green stripe – time between 1:30 – 1:39
- Zone C– blue stripe – time between 1:40 – 1:49
- Zone D– violet stripe – time between 1:50 – 1:59
- Zone E– brown stripe – time between 2:00 – 2:14
- Zone F– orange stripe – time between 2:15 – 3:00
- Runners may change their start zone they had chosen during registration for a different one by 15 March 2017 on their internet account.
VII. TIME LIMIT
- Time limit for the race completion is 3 hours.
- Runners who do not finish the half marathon until 12.30 are obliged to discontinue running and reach the finish line by bus marked with writing “Half Marathon Finish”.
VIII. TIME MEASUREMENT
- The official time in general and age classification is net time – counted from the moment the runner crosses the start line. The exception from this rule is the first 100 runners crossing the finish line.
- The official time for the first 100 runners crossing the finish line is gross time – counted from the starter’s shot. If there is no 8 men and 8 women in the first 100 finishing runners, the number of runners whose official time is net time goes bigger until such amount is reached.
- Official results present gross and net times.
- Time is measured by a chip attached to a running shoe.
- The price of time measurement is included in registration fee.
- Time control points are located along the route at: start, 5 km, 10 km, 15 km, 20 km, finish.
- Personnel at the control points notes down the runners who try to take a short cut along the route. Runners taking the short cut or going the wrong route are disqualified.
- The chips are returnable.
IX. NUTRITION POINTS
- Nutrition points are located every 5 km or so.
- Products on tables at the nutrition points are arranged as follows:
- water for sponges
- Only runners who are at least 18 years old on 26 March 2017 may participate in the 10. PKO Poznań Half Marathon.
- Only runners may participate in the 10. PKO Poznań Half Marathon. Organizer doesn’t allow skaters and wheelchair users to take part in the race.
- Runners taking part in the 10. PKO Poznań Half Marathon are verified in the Half Marathon Office on 24-25 March 2017.
- Organizer doesn’t allow to run the half marathon with a bib number assigned to another person. The runner who takes part in the race with the bib number assigned to a different person is disqualified.
- By registering for the half marathon, contestant agrees with the Official 10. PKO Half Marathon Regulations and commits to them.
- Bib numbers and chips must be attached to runners at all times throughout the race.
- Bib numbers must be attached to runners t-shirts on chests.
- It is not allow to have a bib number covered fully nor partly. Runners with not clearly visible bib numbers are disqualified.
- Chips must be attached to shoelaces of running shoes on the left or right leg at height of ankle. Attaching chips in any other place results in disqualification.
XI. CONTESTANTS VERIFICATION AND START PACKAGES ISSUING
- Contestants are verified in the Half Marathon Office when they collect their start packages upon presenting signed start cards or ID.
- The Half Marathon Office is located at Poznań International Fair, 14 Głogowska Street, on the following days:
- 24 March 2017 (Friday) 1000 – 2000
- 25 March 2017 (Saturday) 1000 – 2000
- On a day of the half marathon (26 March 2017), the Half Marathon Office is closed and start package collection impossible.
- A start card is available in runner’s internet account on the half marathon website in section „Files to download” since 11.00 on 16 March.
- A start package may be collected for a runner by someone else on his behalf upon presenting a signed start card by the runner.
- Organizer doesn’t send start packages by post.
- The start package consists of a bib number, a chip for time measuring, a plastic bag for the runner’s belongings, a number for the plastic bag, voucher for Pasta Party, 4 pins, a bag, technical t-shirt, fotomaraton.pl flyer and PKO Bank Polski pomotional materials.
- General – women and men.
- Age classification – women and men: 18-29, 30-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55–59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75 and older.
- Best citizen of Poznań – woman and man.
- Oldest contestant of the marathon – woman and man.
XIII. REGISTRATION & FEES
- Deadline for online registration is 15 March 2017 or once the paid applications limit is reached.
- The limit of paid applications is 16 000 runners.
- Applications shall be issued via website www.halfmarathon.poznan.pl or personally in the Half Marathon Office.
- Applicants are registered for the race when the Organizer gets correctly filled application form and registration fee into his bank account.
- Registration fee is 90 PLN.
- Runners who buy a start package for the 10. PKO Poznań Half Marathon get 20% off the start package fee for the 18. PKO Poznań Marathon held on 8 October 2017.
- Participants must pay registration fee within 7 days since registration. If the payment is not made within this time, the runner’s account becomes inactive. The runner may reactivate his account online unless the registration limit is already reached. To reactivate the account, the runner should go to section „payment” in his online account.
- Deadline for making payment for registration fee (unless the limit of paid registrations is reached) is 22 March 2017.
- The following contestants have a right to participate in the half marathon for free (under the condition they register by 15 March 2017):
- contestants who were on the I, II and III place in age classifications in the 9. PKO Poznań Half Marathon; it is possible to transfer the right to participate in the half marathon free of charge to another person,
- contestants who completed all 9 editions of the half marathon in Poznań (Poznań Half Marathon),
- contestants taking part in the half marathon based on another agreements between Poznań Sports and Recreation Centres and their partners,
- contestants who get permission to run free of charge from the Director of Poznań Sports and Recreation Centers (individual cases) upon written request validated with appropriate documents,
- winners of the competitions organized by the Organizer,
- elite (runners with bib numbers 1-100),
- guests invited by Poznań Sport and Recreation Centres Director.
- Runners who have „Poznań PRO Rodzina – Karta Rodziny Dużej” get 25% discount on application fee.
- Application fees are non-refundable and cannot be transferred to any other event made by the Organizer.
- Contestant may transfer his bib number to other runner, who doesn’t have a bib number, by 15 March 2017. In order to do so, he must fill a proper form in his online account on the half marathon website. Organizer doesn’t take any responsibility for any wrong information included in the form made by the contestant transferring his bib number.
- It is not allowed to swap bib numbers between the runners.
- It is not allowed to run the half marathon with the bib number assigned to another runner. Runner who decides to do so will be disqualified.
- Best women and men (I – III place) in general classification get cups.
- Best women and men in age classifications for the I, II and III place (classified based on their net times) are exempted from paying the registration fee for the 11. Poznań Half Marathon in 2018 with possibility to transfer their start package to someone else.
- Best citizens of Poznań (woman and man) for the I place get cups.
- Best oldest contestants (woman and man) for the I place get cups.
- Cash prizes in general runners classification – women and men:
- I place – 8000 PLN
- II place – 6000 PLN
- III place – 4000 PLN
- IV place – 3000 PLN
- V place – 2000 PLN
- VI place – 1000 PLN
- Bonus for breaking the time record of the Poznań Half Marathon for the first woman (time below 01:10:26) and for the first man (time below 01:02:00) is 10 000 PLN.
- Prizes in general classification – women and men (I – III place) are granted to runners based on their order of crossing the finish line.
- All runners who complete the marathon within 3 hours time are granted a medal.
- The winners of money prizes must pay the tax in accordance with the tax law.
- Money prizes are granted only into participants’ bank accounts via bank transfer after receiving the minutes from the Commission against Doping in Sport. Money prizes cannot be paid in cash.
- In order to receive cash prize into bank account, runners must fill in necessary forms required by the Tax Office and send them to the Organizer’s address within 30 days from the event’s finish date. Download the form.
- All runners who complete the 10. PKO Poznań Half Marathon may participate in the drawing and win one out of 10 cash prizes, 1000 PLN each. The drawing takes place on 26 March after the run on stage in the finish area. To participate in the drawing, the contestant must put a coupon into the ballot box located nearby the Half Marathon Office (on 24-25 March during the Half Marathon Office opening hours). The coupon is attached to the bib number and can be found in the envelope, in the start package. Presence of the contestant at the prize drawing is not obligatory.
XV. ANTIDOPING CONTROL
- Winners of I, II, III and IV place in general classification (women and men) must face anti-doping control (including EPO).
- Upon finding substances prohibited according to WADA list in sample „A”, a runner is informed of possibility to issue sample „B“ on his own cost. The positive result of sample “B” test automatically disqualifies the runner from the race.
- Unofficial results are posted on the website www.halfmarathon.poznan.pl right after the half marathon.
- Official results are posted on the website www.halfmarathon.poznan.pl after receiving a report from the Commission against Doping in Sport.
- On 25 March 2017 there is Pasta Party held between 12.00-20.00 at the Poznań International Fair.
- Pasta Party if free of charge for the half marathon participants upon presenting vouchers attached to their bib numbers.
- After the race runners are given:
- in the finish zone – fruit, sugar, chocolate and drinks,
- outside the finish zone – hot meal.
- Cloakrooms are located near the finish line at Poznań International Fair.
- Runners leave their possessions packed in bags marked with their bib numbers between 7.15 – 8.45.
- Collecting bags is possible upon presenting bib numbers.
- Losing a bib number by a participant absolves the Organizer from the responsibility of collecting the bag by any other person.
- The Organizer does not take any responsibility for possessions left outside the cloakroom.
- The Organizer provides free accommodation on 25/26 march 2017 for the first 600 runners who mark a reservation box in their application forms.
- The runners are accommodated in sports halls at 34a Chwiałkowskiego in Poznań.
- The organizer does not provide mattresses nor sleeping bags.
- Runners are checked in at the sport halls on 25 March 2017 upon presenting their bib numbers.
XX. FINAL TERMS
- The Organizer provides medical healthcare along the route and at the finish.
- Each runner is insured against accidents during the race.
- To take part in the half marathon, runners declare that they take part in the event on their own responsibility and thus bear all risks connected with participation in the event as well as are aware that taking part in half marathon is connected with physical effort and involves natural risks and accident threats, health hazards such as lesions and physical injuries (including death) as well as material damage or loss.
- Sharing personal data with the Organizer is voluntary, nevertheless it is a condition if he wants to participate in the half marathon.
- All runners get free massage and shower after the race.
- Half Marathon Office accepts complaints about the race sent by email: firstname.lastname@example.org. within 3 days after the race. They are settled by Half Marathon Director whose decisions are undisputed.
- The Organizer has the right to introduce additional classification and prizes.
Poznań Sport and Recreation Centres Director
Half Marathon Director
Poznań, December 2016.